Account Tune Up
Over time, your PTAEZ account will see a lot of users. Many things have been added or changed; Categories, Fundraisers, Programs, Individuals, and Sale Items. What your current unit needs to display, and how you want it displayed may be different than it was in the past. There are actions you can take to ensure your PTAEZ account is “refreshed”, and easier to use for years to come.
Complete the Fiscal Year.
1) Make sure all transactions have been recorded through the Fiscal Year, and all Bank Reconciliations have been completed. Complete End of Fiscal Year audit.
2) Make any changes to Receipts/Deposits/Checks/Balance Adjustments as needed, or any corrections required per your audit.
Update "Category List."
1) Change Category names, “make Inactive” the categories no longer needed and change the Fundraiser/Program associations to Categories if necessary.
How to change a Category Name click here
How to Inactivate Categories click here
How to change the association of a Category click here
2) Add any new Transaction Categories that you will be using for the upcoming year.
How to add a new Category click here
3) Check your Budget to ensure all Categories are associated correctly (all active Categories or inactivate Categories with budget amounts will display on your budget).
1) Remove duplicate names by using the “Merge” capability.
How to "Merge" duplicate Individuals click here
2) Update Roles and Expiration Dates for Individuals that need or currently have access to your account.
How to add and update Users through "Manage Security" click here
Make any changes to Fundraisers/Programs that are needed.
1) Make old, unused Fundraisers/Programs “Inactive”, change Fundraiser/Program Names, or switch a Program to a Fundraiser or a Fundraiser to a Program as required (change the name of the original first to use the same name).
How to Inactivate/Change Fundraisers/Programs click here
How to Change a Fundraiser to a Program (or vise versa) click here
Update "Tax Categories."
1) Ensure you have the correct Tax Category assigned to all of your transaction Categories for future tax worksheets.
Update "Item Admin."
In Admin/Item Admin:
1) Change the effective date of any Membership type items to a date within the new fiscal year, to ensure that all new memberships sold are for the new school year.
2) Remove from Webstore and/or “Make Inactive” any items you will no longer be selling.
How to manage your Items click here
3) Update Inventory quantities.
How to Manage Inventory click here
4) Ensure your “Sales Categories” are consistent with any changes you made to your category list.